- The first episode in the "Finale" saga.
- The episode was made with no intention of turning into an anthology series. "PIoneersProductions" rarely had videos that connected story plots. The video preceded "The Search For Remember"; a rushed video that focused on discovering Ember McLain's "Remember" song in high quality sound. It's sequel ("Extinction") would tie in the previous two episodes; creating an anthology series.
- The weight set idea was sparked from a personal experience of nearly dropping heavy boxes onto my head.
- The original idea was for me to lose my memory and for all of the imaginary objects in the house to come alive, with me tied up in the basement.
- I wanted to open new doors with the "Whale" character since he hadn't really done much in the many years of being in videos. He was usually just a talker, not a doer.